Safeguard Your Car From Theft
When people think about car thefts, they think of burglars lurking in the middle of the night planning to steal a high-end, luxury, and valuable vehicle. In reality, this isn’t the case at all. Car thieves often steal in the daylight and, more often than not, target older vehicles. Recently, a list of the most frequently stolen vehicles was released.
In 2017, the most stolen vehicle in the nation were:
- 1998 Honda Civic
- 1997 Honda Accord
- 2006 Ford Pickup
- 2004 Chevrolet Pickup
- 2017 Toyota Camry
- 2016 Nissan Altima
- 2001 Dodge Pickup
To help prevent thieves from stealing your vehicle this holiday season, take a look at these tips:
- Never leave valuable items in your car that are in plain sight. If you need to leave presents in the vehicle, cover them or store them in the trunk.
- Lock all windows and doors, making sure all the windows are rolled up.
- Park in a well-lit area, especially when you’re shopping in the evening.
- Park your vehicle facing your garage to make it harder for thieves to have a quick getaway.
- Pay attention to your surroundings – always be on guard because criminals rely on the element of surprise.
These tips will help you to protect your vehicle this season. At Action Insurance Group, we’re dedicated to providing each motorist with car insurance that they can rely on. Serving Washington and Oregon, visit us today.
Comments are closed.